Sunday, January 15, 2012

Treasure life!

I don't normally post about other blogs (as much as I love you all!) but this has me a bit choked up.

I started reading Lil Blue Boo about 2 years ago and was so inspired by Ashley's creativity and imagination that it really kick started me to do more of the things I love. She started my blog addiction!

Three months ago Ashley discovered she had cancer. Instead of retreating and wanting to hide away from the world (like I think I would do!) she has documented everything. And let me tell you, she is amazing! She has an enormous amount of strength and is so positive for the future. She has a gorgeous little girl and a loving husband, such a strong network of family and friends, and the whole blogging community is behind her, praying for her health.


I just watched the video in this post and it had me in tears. Like, almost a ridiculous, big fat ugly cry if the kids weren't here! Please watch, and have a read. It makes you really appreciate everything in your life, and realise we need to treasure it!

I wonder how many of us could truly be this strong and positive if we were going through the same thing. I'd like to think I could be.

2 comments:

  1. Yep I have followed her blog for almost 3 rears now and was just in shock. Her spirit and determination really is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you warned me that it was a tear jerker. Your post showed up first so I hadn't read Ashley's yet. What a woman! An inspiration to us all :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely messages! They really make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...