Saturday, July 30, 2011

Arty fart

Today I learnt a new skill. I went along to The Red Brick Gallery and Laura taught me and a few others how to screen print!

What an ace thing to know how to do! I'm so pumped about all the things I can do now, the ideas are flowing steadily.




pics from here
Michelle








It was so fun meeting new people, but also hanging out with Michelle. We went to high school together, but have noticed of late how many things we do that are similar. Not you're everyday things either, really. For example, I am as we speak getting a very cool Ziggy Stardust softie made for me by Wicked Child designs. I am a huge David Bowie fan you see.  Then today Michelle told me about a wooden toy she made of Ziggy Stardust! Who does that??! Weird I tell you. And we have the same tiles in our kitchen, not so weird. 

Anyway, a big thanks to Laura, I had a blast!



5 comments:

  1. Oooh I was so fun hey! I had been having dreams all week that I went into labour in the class... SO glad that didnt' happen. Oh, and I can't WAIT to see your Ziggy Stardust softie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Man I am jealous, I wanna do that :-) your so lucky Rach ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun, I'm really jealous too. I think I will have to book myself in for my own workshop. I just love the way screenprinting looks and imagine being able to design your own fabric! Yipee! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely messages! They really make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...