Monday, June 6, 2011

Winter cooking

Winter is always a great time to cook those beautiful hearty foods that make you feel all cozy inside. Casseroles, soups, pastas, yum! I love seeing all those lovely food blogs with the awesome photos of food in all the stages of cooking. I often think I would like to have a go at that, but usually I forget to take pics, or the photos turn out crap due to me not owning swanky flashes for indoor/not natural lighting settings. Plus everyone seems to own awesome crockery and have a really cool benchtop to create the perfect scene. I have the daggiest laminex benchtops around! Well I gave it a crack again yesterday and I don't hate the photos so here we go. (BTW, I'm not going all flash with ingredients or instructions, so don't expect too much!)

Ryleah's chocolate walnut brownies





I think she did pretty good! And they taste delicious! 
 Pumpkin soup



Nothing better than a nice hot bowl of soup on a freezing night like tonight. For some really ace photos and food ideas to get your mouth watering, pop over to Whole Larder Love, a beautiful blog by my hunter gatherer cooking photographer friend Rohan. What an excellent mix of talents to have!

3 comments:

  1. YUMMO!!! Wish you lived near me cause I would be popping over right now to have some of those brownies. They look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much yummy goodness here - to warm the belly and the heart. Perfect winter recipes x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely messages! They really make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...